Links to Friends
Interestng depictions for friendship, don't you think? 0=)
"I will find you, even if you're thousands of lightyears away."
It seemed fitting to use that quote on a page whose purpose is to link towards friends who have built a home, small or not so small, for themselves on the web. Friends who, even though they're half a world away, are just a mouse click distant from here.
Guess where that comes from, and who's saying it (yes, this IS an anime quote! ^^)! It should be fairly easy for anyone who knows me 0=)
So here comes the list. It's not too long, but still it's a nice little list, in no particular order (so I like random things, sue me :P). A very funny thing to note is that I met all of the friends listed here thanks to this monster called internet *grin* At some point I decided to cross beyond the Rubicond (to your history books!) and meet most of them in RL. Since then, I have become a yearly visitor in the US and a faithful member of Anime Expo! ^^
Feel free to visit my friends and discover all the nice things they've put up on their homes! =)
- Tim, AKA Kage no Tenshi Re-Miel, and VICE-President of the prestigious but also very much secret society of BAIT. Lover of books and Russian poetry, master of shadows and versed in the arcanes of some religious matters, Tim is also a great fan of Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Angel Sanctuary, the Shin Megami Tensei game(s? <-- /me no knows games ^^;), J-rock groups like La Reine, Berserk the TV series, and other things. Drop by his home to find AS translation, the most beautiful gallery of AS art I've ever seen, lost of info on series and things you may not be aware of but should be, and many other things !
- Doug, AKA Kazuhiko and also Secretary. Friend of a certain Black Unicorn (insert grinning mythical being here ^^) and incidentally mine as well. Doug is another honored member of the (in? ^^)famous BAIT society. Life's chances are fun: I just learnt recently that Doug and I both work in the same branch! In his net home, you'll find a nice gallery of pictures, full of wonderful memories of places and people. Doug shoots wonderful pics, hey, he even managed to take a pic of me where I'm not making faces!!! You'll also find info on Doug himself, an anime and manga corner, and other stuff.
- K-chan's the only one who was daring enough to actually visit me in little Belgium! =) We also spent wonderful days in Cambridge--which gave birth to no less wonderful fanfics! ^^ --and during the AX sessions. It's thanks to K-chan that I was able to participate to the masquerade for AX99. She's got an incredible talent for sewing and designing costumes. K-chan is also the Lady of the Roses, and a respected member of TABBE. Her fics are simply fantastic. She's building hersef a home on the net, where evetually will be stored informaiton about Kaimu Tachibana and her works, as well as K-chan's fanfics. Check it out here, and start reading! =)
- N-chan my revered editor and advisor in litterary matters! Thanks to her and Shanti, I've been able to enter the sacrosanct place that is a publisher's building, and also, they've showed me a superb Japanese restaurant in the Village! Be sure to stop by her realm of beautiful, moving fanfics. Beware, though, for once you start reading one of her stories, you may find yourself enthralled and trapped, unable to go away before you've read them all!!! =)
- Shi-chan, member of TABBE and master storyteller! ^^ She's the one who vouched for me when I became a member of this disntive society of fanfic writers that is called TABBE (you don't know what it is? Oh, but read what we do, and I'm sure you'll figure it out 0=). Ever heard of this strange ailment called the Sentai Syndrome? Oh my, it's high time you visited her domain! Just click and find yourself in a home full of wonderful stories on many, many series, art drawn by Shi-chan, and other things =)
- Rika, AKA Hikaru, Fuu (the first half of my soul! ^^), and many, many others (so I'm not the only schizo here, in fact, I caught it from her ^^). She's the very first person who talked to me when I tried to ask a question on RAM some five or six years ago, and she's also thanks to whom I met most of the friends listed here! Click here to visit her home and read her fics, see her art and lots of other things =)
- Monica, fellow fanfic writer and member of TABBE. It's thanks to her that I discovered many wonderful series like Rurouni Kenshin, Escaflowne, Shamanic Princess, and others. We keep missing each other at AX, and I sure hope we'll finally meet in RL this year! Read her beautiful stories in her home.
- Zahara is the Lady of Art =) She draws wonderfully, and has had the fantastic opportunity of presenting her works at the comicket in Japan! She also maintains a whole section dedicated to shoujo manga, the magazine Amie and other things. Visit her here and find scripts, summaries, etc.
- Stephanie was my roommate together with N-chan during last AX. Somehow, she managed to bear with the presence of a difficult and pest-like individual like me! Oh, I never told you, but the instant miso soup saved me, I'll always be grateful for that! ^^ Go visit her home, and find lots of info on this superb series called Tenku no Escaflowne!
- Anand is a fan of football! (yeah, I mean that the real thing called football, that Americans call soccer unlike the rest of the world *grin*). I haven't forgotten that one, it floored me when we started discussing a match of the World Cup while waiting in a line during AX ^^ Visit him here and find out about him, Caltech's anime society, and other things.
- Sylvain, the other French speaking member of this little community! Sylvain is actually the one who's closest to me since he's in France, not far at all from my little Belgium ^^ In his home you'll find a shrine dedicated to Mokona (don't tell me you don't know what Mokona is!!! ^^;;;;), in English, French and even Japanese! ^^
- Mark, or more or less the only one with a clear and level mind in our group (with people like me around, someone like Mark is needed to ensure Chaos doesn't consume all! ^^). Also someone with a knowledge of anime which feels often magical to me ^^ Drop by his home to find out more about anime, to find lyrics translations from songs of J-Rock groups as famous as LaReine (The Queen in French) and X-Japan. Mark also hosts (but it's down for the moment) the biggest anime picture archive I've ever seen. I don't know how many hours it took him to gather such an incredible number of images, but his treasure vault is a must! ^^
- Johann is the maintainer of the ClampFic Archives, and it's a lot of work! He's certainly the person with the most numerous projects of fanfics I know. He's also a very very dedicated fan of J-Pop. Find out about it and more here.
- Doug, AKA Suoh Takamura. We did meet the first time I came to AX. Now, don't you mistake him with Doug, you hear! ^^ Visit him here....
On to the other parts :
Back to the Beginning